Please consider mailing your weekly offering or dropping it at the Parish Office during these unprecedented times so that we can continue to pay our parish bills each month.
CHURCHES TO OPEN FOR MASS STARTING ON JUNE 1
We are pleased to inform you that Bishop Malesic announced that the Diocese of Greensburg will allow parishes to recommence Holy Mass on June 1. I want to note, however, that returning to Mass and other liturgies will include notable differences from past experiences as parishioners will be required to wear masks and remain six feet apart, which equates to approximately 25% capacity inside the church.
Here are some additional guidelines
• Ministers functioning within the liturgy are not required to wear masks, as long as the six foot social distancing guidelines are followed. However, when distributing Holy Communion, all ministers must wear a mask.
• All communicants will be encouraged to receive the Sacred Host in the hand.
• The chalice of the Precious Blood will not be offered to the congregation.
• Collection baskets may never be passed among the congregation and instead must be placed in a stationary and suitable location.
• Holy water and baptismal fonts must be drained.
• Removal of Bibles, hymnals and missalettes is required, however non-reusable worship aids are allowed and projection is encouraged.
What we've learned from the PA Grand Jury Report